1.1.15

Over two years...

Obviously, I took a break from blogging.  It seemed to become a chore instead of a connection so I quit for a while.  Now, for some reason, I think I may start again.

So many changes in two years.  Brett had an opportunity for a new job in a new state.  We moved. To southern California.

On the negative side, SoCal was not somewhere I particularly wanted to live.

We bought a motorhome to live in and the company we bought it from went bankrupt two weeks later.  A lot of money we put out for an extended warranty and treatment extras, poof, up in smoke.

California took forever (6 months) to get me my nursing license.

Tonka had to be euthanized due to a mast cell tumor. (Tears)

Brett's job has been a roller coaster, the company was taken private and it looked for a while as if we'd be shut down.

There are oodles of other smaller problems that seem large and ominous in a strange, new place but those are the biggest.

On the positive side, California has friendly people and some beautiful country.

At least the motorhome was in our possession.  There are some still in the service shop, locked up and unavailable to those who own them.

We got another dog, Jenny, who is sweet, almost deaf, and just an all around good dog.

Living in a motorhome is kind of freeing because there's not much to clean or maintain.

I got a job QCing the designer's jobs at Brett's office while waiting on CA to get their act together.

The business seems to be settling in and finally getting its stride.

I got medical insurance back so can work part-time (and perhaps per diem/PRN) and still have health insurance.

I don't LOVE where we live but I do like the opportunity to be near so much variety.

There are oodles of smaller bonuses that make a strange, new place interesting and exciting.

Basically, life in general has been happening and two years is too much to catch up on in one post.





No comments:

Post a Comment