16.9.09

Soul of a Dog by Jon Katz

I just finished his new book about animals' souls.  I enjoyed it immensely.  He doesn't always come to a final answer and gives both sides of the discussion.  His conversation with the Christian man who said they don't have souls was especially interesting.  Based on the Christian tenet I could see where he was coming from....but I don't agree with him.  I think they do have souls.  It's hard to explain but I think they're directly connected to God or the force that guides the universe or whatever your version is. 

They are who they are; with no apologies, no stressing over what they're on earth for, no existential worries.

He's on tour in Portland (at Powell's) and Seattle this week.  Would love to see him.  The link to his website is here http://www.bedlamfarm.com/




A little brother and sisterly love at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment